Updating your licensure
To see if you have any licenses, certifications, and registrations (LCRs) that are expired or are approaching expiration, or to make updates to your LCRs, follow these steps:
- Log into your account and select the “Licenses” app on the dashboard.
- Review the LCRs on file. Any LCRS that have expired or are within 60 days of expiration will be flagged as such.
It’s important to note that some of your LCRs will update automatically when you renew with the board. Others will require you to provide information about the renewal in EverCheck Wallet, like when you are issued a new expiration date for your BLS or ACLS. Click here to learn more about automatic versus manual renewal updates.
- Select “Update now” if the expiration banner appears on the LCR, or select the three-dot menu and click “Update.” LCRs that EverCheck automatically verifies will not give you an option to update.
- Follow the prompts to submit your LCR details. If you’re using a desktop, click “Upload a photo” and drag and drop or browse your files to provide an image of your LCR. Accepted file types include .jpg, .jpeg, .png, and.tiff. PDFs are accepted for non-American Heart Association credentials.
If you’re using a mobile device, select “Capture photo” and use your device’s camera to capture a photo of your LCR or select images from your camera roll. Then, provide any additional information that is requested such as the expiration date or license number.
- Once all of the details of your LCR have been provided, click “Continue” to submit.
The LCR will remain in a status of “Verifying” until it has been reviewed by your workplace. If for any reason this update is rejected by your workplace, you will be notified.